From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:21:43 -0800
  Generally, motherboards that are sold separately are designed to a
specific "form factor":  AT, ATX, NTX.  Only an ATX motherboard will fit an
ATX case, for instance.
  The form factor specifies things like screw hole locations, so as long as
you match that you needn't worry.

  A few name brand manufacturers use proprietary case and motherboard
designs.  Their components are not widely avaialble separately, so unless
you have salvaged the case from an old machine, you probably don't need to
worry about those exceptions.

David Gillett

On 26 Jan 2005 at 17:31, Adam Munger wrote:

> I am trying to build a computer but dont know to much about it. i
> already bought a case and want to know how i can find out if the
> motherboard i choose will match up with the screw holes in the case..
> somebody help me out.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml