Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:31:45 -0700
Tell us more about "Whiting Out". I'm not clear what this actually looks
like, but it doesn't sound like a a hard drive problem.
It couldn't hurt to find and delete this large fragment.
Have you defragged recently?
Run task manager and see what processes are taking up the most
memory/CPU cycles.
How much memory do you have, and how much hard drive space is left? Do
you have a scratch drive for Photoshop?