From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:07:01 -0800

> That did not work. Here are more details:
>
> * Modem is a DynaMode, Rockwell-based 56k WinModem, sitting in PCI slot 3
> * Sound is a Creative Live! Value sitting in PCI slot 5
> * all of this is on some not-widely-known 440bx-based mobo, with
>       * Pentium-II 450 and
>       * 64M of RAM;
> * the video is VooDoo 3000 AGP, if that's of any help.
>
> When we tried to do the steps you described, [disable the sb, kill the
> modem, close IRQ12, reinstall the modem] it jumped on IRQ5. No dice :
> irq5 is a standard SoundBlaster 16 setting.

Here's another idea:
Remove the modem, and leave the blaster on IRQ 5.
Instead of disabling the blaster as suggested earlier,
disable the [Use Automatic Settings] in your blaster's
resource tab. Reboot to verify settings stick then add
modem. If modem parks ok then disable the [Use Auto
Settings] for it to and reboot once more.

If this doesn't work you can try removing all INF's
related to these cards, reboot and install one card
at a time. This has worked for me when reinstalling
game accelerators maybe it'll work for you.

I wasn't going to mention it since others have, but have
you tried different pci slots ? Since both cards keep
ending up on the same IRQ, it sure sounds like shared
pci slots.

good luck -yui shin

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>