From:
vernon plumlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:40:55 -0800
I think you've got it, Richard.  But, complicated set-up...Not really.
Sub-net, sounds right. There are  three computers set up off the four port
router being fed by one modem. My desktop is one of these and none of the
computers are setup for sharing. The printer is hooked up through my XP
desktop only. One ideal would be to have the desktop running XP talk to the
notebook running Vista and allow access to the printer through the desktop.
Or, even seperately via a switch (a/b), if that's more workable.  Problem
is, I don't know the correct hardware or config to set this up. It seems to
me by putting in a wireless access point off of the remaining router port,
if that's possible, I could get the notebook to talk to my desktop and
through the desktop talk to my printer. Well, that's the ideal. What do you
think? Is that workable? And, yes, I'm trying to get away with the least
amount of dollars to make this happen. Thanks for all input ! Vernon Plumlee