From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:58:06 -0600
I would try switching the two ide cables.  See if it will  boot off of the
cd when it is on the primary ide channel.  (And, if not, will it still boot
off of the hard drive on the secondary ide channel.)  If it boots off of the
cd, then you know that your motherboard has problems on the second ide
channel.  (You might be able to find an inexpensive ide card that works in
the PCI bus if you do not want a new motherboard yet.)  If it boots off of
the hd, then you know something is wrong with the cd, the cd reader, or the
cable.

Dean Kukral