From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:32:38 -0400
Thanks! I de-selected desktop, pulled the taskbar back down and
re-selected desktop (which I like to keep handy).
 Before,adding desktop just showed the word "desktop" and a couple of
arrows (>>) that I could click on to display the list of all the
desktop items. I didn't realize that I could click/hold the little
area of dots just to the left of "desktop" and drag left to display
the items that mysteriously appeared. Not quite sure how I
accidentally made it happen! All's cool now!

-Phil-

On 8/9/10, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I haven't used XP in a while, but it sounds as though you've added the
> desktop toolbar to your taskbar, hence the addition of My Docs and My
> Computer. Rt-click the taskbar and look under Tolbars, de-select
> "Desktop".
> As for SP2, you'll find many newer programs won't work without it.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>