From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:26:16 -0400
Has your friend downloaded the newest Drive parameter table from Compaq?
It's SoftPaq number SP2824.  Or you can download the entire setup
program, SP1363.  You can then add any harddisk, since the setup
diskette will auto-detect the drive.  All you need to do is save settings
when you exit setup.  I don't know the largest drive it will support, but
certainly up to 2 gig, which is much better than the original setup.
tom turak