From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 16:51:09 -0400
I don't suppose you have searched the web yet, but such a search should find
you something.  There are some things to keep in mind.  Chipsets (and by
extension, motherboards, since they all use chipsets) and cpus are
programmable; they are shipped with the ability to support
multi-configurations.  They need to be instructed during every boot of what
is the configuration in which they are installed.  There is the function and
value of a bios.  Now, the reason I mention this is because most bios
adjusting hacks I have seen attempt to change the settings of the cpu and
chipset, not the saved cmos settings that are in programmable rom. You don't
have to reboot after a change like in cmos, but you need to reissue the
change every boot through some executable.  Worse, you have to write a hack
for every chipset or cpu you want to do this sort of thing. So my point is,
while you search the web, you may get a ton of hits, like I did, for
programs promising to hack one or two features.  What you need is one
written for your brand of BIOS.
Here are a couple of likely search keywords. cbrom.exe and modbin.exe
I don't recommend any of this, by the way, but you should find something.
Tom Turak