From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:25:15 -0400
I have a Dell Dimension 8200 with Win Me, 1.8 Gig P4, 256 Mb, and 32 MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX W/TV OUT (DELL).  When I first got this computer about 9 months ago I set the color correction tab to my preferences, gave the settings a name, saved them, and checked the box to automatically use those settings on startup.  Until a couple of days ago it did exactly that without fail.  Now it boots up, those colors come up for a few seconds, then the default colors come back. I can go reset my preferences, but it is a pain to do that every time.  I have the latest drivers from Dell for this device, although not the latest Nvidia drivers.  Dell, like other makers, modifies the parts they use, so I am disinclined to use non-Dell drivers until after the warranty period is up.  Other than this one problem, the video display is, and has been, trouble free.  Where should I look for the solution?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com