From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:38:22 -0400
Most likely that the previous owner put an overlay on this drive so that the whole drive could be seen and used (this was back in the days when a 4 gig drive was huge). Depending on the maker of the drive there should be a DOS app that will write zeroes to the whole drive, or, in the case of Western Digital, also an app that will remove its EZDrive overlay. You'll have to do a google search because the old stuff is out of print. If your drive is a WD, search for EZ Drive.  If Maxtor or something else you'll need to wait for someone who uses those drives.

James Asbury <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Greeting,
>Purchased a used Dell with a 4GB drive.  Only has command.com on it.  Don't know what OS was on it before.  I have Win95 and want to install.  Getting error SU0013.  I've deleted partions and reformatted several times.  Somehow, Win95 start up disk still thinks the drive is compressed.  Any ideas on how to get around this?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com