From:
Jan Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 05:58:17 -0600
On 6 Jun 98, at 21:48, our friend Roxanne Pierce wrote:

> I have a client whose HP 694C printer won't work on the output port of a scanner
> or Zip drive. That isn't quite the same thing as a switch box, but switch boxes
> and pass-through ports are closely related.

My HP 649C works fine off the output port of a parallel Zip drive.
The Zip has to be on (powered) though.

I haven't tried it with a switch box, but the HP 850C's at school
won't work through the "printer sharing" boxes we used to use with
dot matrix printers.  I think those are one-way, and the newer ink
jet printers like two-way communication.  Needs more lines hooked up
to the DB25 connectors than was required in one-way communication
days.

Jan Wilson                 /       [log in to unmask]
Corozal Community College / Corozal Junior College
Corozal Town, Belize     /         Central America
Visit our Corozal page  /   http://www.corozal.com
PGP key at keyservers  /  or at [log in to unmask]