From:
David Abbe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 07:37:22 -0500
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:13:16 -0500 Bill J McMilleon <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I have just heard of the Abit BP-6 board which is a dual Celeron
>motherboard.
>Is anyone out there using this board? And how do you have it
>configured (type of video card, amount of RAM, etc)? Most importantly,
>how do you rate the performance?

Howdy Bill,

Well, first off, I cannot rate the performance yet.  I have had mine
going only for a few days thus far and have had no time to "play" with
it.

Abit BP6
Celery 366
136MB PC-100
AWE 64
Diamond SpeedStar AGP w/8MB
Voodoo 2 accelerator
BTC 40x
Amptron GS17 monitor
Western Digital 8.4 @ Ultra-ATA 66

So far, for ease of installation, that definitely deserves an 11 on a
scale of 1 to 10.
As per Abit's usual, board came with a wonderful manual, all the cables
even a ata 66, and everything needed.

You can hook up to 8 drives into this thing.  Which could be nice.

Installation is the easiest in the world.  Just plug the thing in and
that's it.  No jumpers or anything.  Luv that.....

This replaced my BH6 w 300A that was running at 450MHz.  I purchased this
one just to play with also.  I don't recommend over-clocking to anyone,
or suggest it, this is only my play toy to see what I can do.  I have
seen reports of 600MHz easily with the BP6 and 366 with one report of
over 800MHz, that person was using liquid nitrogen, I believe, to cool.
I am running stock heatsink only.

I haven't yet gotten around to hopping this baby up as it really runs
plenty fast for me right now.

I like having the option to add a second CPU and being able to use a
different one.  There are independent adjustments in the BIOS for
adjusting each cpu differently, so if I want, I can add a 450MHz CPU, or
whatever........

There is a BIOS update for this motherboard out already.  They report
that when you hop up the CPU settings, then exit SoftMenu, the system may
not remember your settings.  So, if you get one like mine, you will have
to flash the BIOS right off the bat.

Hope you enjoy.

David A. Abbe

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: