From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2010 01:27:18 -0400
Joe,

I would visit the WD web site, download their Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for
Windows, and run it to see whether there are any obvious problems with your
external drive.  If the drive comes up clean, you might consider using the
write zeros to the drive option, instead of just reformatting it.  I don't
know if this drive comes with any software that you were using.  If it does,
you'll need to download and reinstall it to the drive, after wiping it and
reformatting.

Of course, if the drive isn't physically damaged, the question remains of
why your files were corrupted.  I'm afraid I can't come up with anything
off-hand, based on what you've provided.

Hope this is helpful.

John Sproule