From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:07:59 -0700
Does the keyboard also work on the laptop? Were the mouse and keyboard
connected to the desktop via USB or PS2? Is the reason you can't not
load Windows (what OS ?) beyond the log in page because you can not type
in a password or is it possibly some other reason? Can you open in Safe
Mode?

Both the keyboard and mouse likely came with adapter(s) to connect to
the computer using either USB or PS2. Try connecting them differently
than when the problem started.

If you get them working and/or Windows loads (safe mode?), go to Device
Manager (control panel/system/hardware/device manager) and see if there
is any indication of problems. If there is/are, uninstall that device(s)
and back out of control panel and restart the computer. The problem
device(s) should be reinstalled and you can check it/them again with
device manager. If needed and you at least get the keyboard working, you
can navigate using tab and arrow keys.

Let us know your results for our edification or further assistance. I
hope this information helps.

Tom Mayer

Stephen R Stanfield wrote:
> Hello  All;  My mouse and keyboard stopped working.  I am using laptop
> to send this post. The mouse works through USB port on laptop, but not
> on PC.  The PC will boot to log on page, but am unable to navigate
> further. Any suggestions?
>
> thanx in advance
> stephen r stanfield
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>