Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 07:57:56 -0700
Hello Leigh,

I think you are allowing much to little space for Windows. Granted it fits
so far and Microsoft says a minimum of 1.5 GB is sufficient, but when you
consider updates, downloads that I'm sure you will be getting eventually
that install on C: drive by default without giving you an option, etc., 3 GB
is simply not enough.

I'm traveling at the present time and don't have my Home edition computer
handy but my XP Pro installation on this computer occupies 5.4 GB of a 10 GB
partition. Note that this is nothing but Windows, minus the My Documents
folder which I've moved to a second drive. None of the programs I've
installed or anything I've created is on C: drive.

I strongly recommend you consider a minimum of 10 GB. More would be even
better. Hard drives are cheap nowadays so space is not as critical as it was
a few years ago when small drives and high prices was the norm and Windows
only needed 400-600 MB of space.

Sven Swanson, Sr.