From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:41:42 -0700
Nope, a Windows machine is designed different then a Apple machine. You
will never be able to install XP or any version of Windows directly on it.
While some hardware components might be PC/MAC compliment, ... in the case
of the mini, things like keyboard, mouse and digital monitor are
interchangeable with a PC, the hardware, at a fundamental level, is
different and is designed to be used with the Apple operating system.

However, I understand that mini uses a Apple OS that is based on FreeBSD
http://www.freebsd.org/ , which is a flavor of Unix, and you can install
FreeBSD on a mini. But I wouldn't try something like this unless you are a
Apple and UNIX expert.... and you make a good image backup!

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

>I have been looking at the new Mac mini as my next computer.  Up to this
>point I have only used PCs and I am wondering what if anything is physically
>different between the Mac and  a PC.  Is it only OS software or is the
>processor also different?  I guess my concern is that if I didn't like the
>new Mac could I simply re-install windows XP on the Mac mini?

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>