From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 01:58:17 -0600
> Is there such a motherboard that has the following features?
>
> Socket 7
> Slot 1
> Athlon
> Socket 370
> AGP
> 4 ISA's
> 4 PCI's
> Upto 133
> Dimms
> Simms
>
> and last but not least ... easily configurable?
No, such a creature does not exist to my knowledge.  And even if it did,
it probably wouldn't work very well.  A board that had slots and sockets
for all currently produced processors would be complex, large, expensive
and impractical and, I repeat, complex.  I know of no one who even plans
to create such a thing.  That kind of flexibility in a motherboard would
be nice but there is no cost effective and practical way to engineer
it.  When PCI came along, there were '486 boards produced with ISA and
VESA bus slots.  They were less than stellar performers.  Good in
theory, but not in practice.  Combining data busses is nothing compared
to wiring multiple processor interfaces.  HTH

Larry Atlow                            [log in to unmask]
Quality Assurance Administrator
Howard Computers

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html