From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:09:27 +0200
>     A customer brought me a Packard Bell Legend 130CD, Pentium
100Mhz.
>computer that just started displaying the following message
during boot up:

>"Insert bootable media in the appropriate drive"
>
>The customer advised it just recently started doing this.  You
can hit the
>reset button or Ctrl-Alt-Delete when the message displays and
the computer
>boots normaly.  This happens only during a cold boot.

Hi,
   Does the bios have any Fast POST or Fast memory test enabled?
 I read an article about this, and the problem was that the hard
drive was not getting to speed before it was required to read
from it.  Possible as this drive aged slightly it is taking
longer to spin to speed. The other thing is to try use the SYS
command with a floppy that boots with the same operating system
as the hard drive, though I would check the bios first.

HTH,
Donald Gaither

.