From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:27:39 -0700
Steve;
You could leave the OS on the old drive, but it would be a waste
of your new fast hard drive.
you will get much higher performance
with the OS on the newer faster drive.
On a newer motherboard both drives should be able to run at their maximum
speed.
Short of a fresh install of XP on the new drive, which would be ideal
I would ghost (copy) your old drive to the new 80gig 7200 drive,
then use the 30gig for storage.
Look back at the recent Pcbuild thread " Please vote on this IDE question"
for info on how to set up cdroms.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers
           Fruitvale, Idaho