From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:22:11 -0700
>If you go out and buy
>another ddr333 it may not
>match up with the one you have, even if you buy the same Kingston value ram,

I know Kingston says this, and actually sells their RAM in two Dimm kits,
to support dual channel. In fact they won't guarantee dual channel if you
buy the Dimms separately. But I have actually bought four 512MB Kingston
DDR 333 DIMMS, on four different occasions,over a eight month period, from
both OfficeMax, and Circuit City.  And both channels on the PC work dual
channel. I suspect this has more to do with the motherboard then with the
RAM. My guess is that higher end boards will handle different RAM better
then cheap ones.

Kingstone is the only manufacturer, that I am aware of, to sell them it
kits. Crucial doesn't do this.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

>and you will not get the dual channel capability.  It helps the system with
>about a 10% improvement.
>
>The present 256 ddr333 you could most easily sell to one of your friends or
>co-workers.  Wholesale price is about
>$45 for that right now, same as for the 256m DDR 400.
>

>Joe Lore

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com