From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:34:43 -0500
It should snap into place using the little lever on the side of the slot in
the mb.

Nothing is necessary to do - the mb should recognize it and tell you the new
number as soon as you boot the computer.  If you have the quick boot set in
the bios, you might want to turn it off so the the memory check can be
performed once or twice.  If it is not recognized, then the memory is likely
not in the slot correctly.  It is easy to have it look like it is all the
way in without being all the way in - especially in a dark computer case.

Memory is sometimes put in pairs that are not necessarily contiguous.  Check
your mb manual to make sure where to put it, if you have not done so
already.

HTH

Dean Kukral