From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:09:19 -0500
I would set up the BIOS so you can boot from the WinXP Pro CD, and then I
would use the WinXP setup procedure to partition and format your drive.  I
would recommend using NTFS, which is what WinXP's setup procedure will
default to.

You can have different file formats, using different partitions, on the same
drive, but I'm not sure what advantage you might gain by mixing NTFS and
FAT32, unless you felt the need to retain Win98, for example, on a dual boot
system.

Older versions of Partition Magic may not support NTFS, but the newest
versions should.  I would think that you can look up on the software
manufacturer's website what versions have which features.

John Sproule