From:
'Duck' McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 18:37:02 -0400
Hi,
I need to connect a PS/2 mouse to my motherboard but the SuperMicro P5STE
(aka: P55T2S) mobo has 10 pins (J86) with thier respective functions listed
below.
Pin#     -    Function
1        -    NC
2        -    NC
3        -    NC
4        -    CLK
5        -    NC
6        -    VCC
7        -    Data
8        -    NC
9        -    GND
10       -    NC (Block)

There are only 9 actual pins. The top row has 5 pins and the bottom row has
4 pins see below.
<- back of computer
 ....   According to the mobo manual, the missing pin appears to be #1
because there is a "1" under the rectangle where the missing pin would be
on the diagram.

I have rear two rear panels containing the round "female" connector for the
PS/2 mouse cord. One of the panels has a single inline 5 pin "female" plug
to connect to the mobo pins.  It has 4 wires (one conector is not used).
They are connected in this order: red, brown, green, blank, yellow.

The other PS/2 panal has a mobo "female" conector with 2 rows of 4 holes.
It can alsow be inserted more than one way.  The wires connected to it are
as follows:
One row has: black, orange, blank, red
Other row:  yellow, blank,  blank, blank

I have tried as may ways to connet this as I know how.
It is not obvious how either of these would connect to the mother board.
If anyone can help me with this, I will reaalllllllly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Wm. David "Duck" McDonald

http:/memebers.carol.net/~mcdonald