From:
Adam Favre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:10:11 -0500
I am preparing to add an ATI 9800Pro video card to my pc (unless one of you would argue the BFG 5900 Ultra Overclocked card would be better).  I spoke with the individuals at my local PC store and they suggested I might need to upgrade the power supply.  Here are my current specs, including power supply.

Enlight 360w Power Supply
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
Thermatake Heatsink w/ 80 mm fan
ABIT AN/7 MOBO
2 80 mm Case Fans (1 antec, one Thermatake)
Radeon 9600 XT Video Card
2 512k Muskin Green PC 3200 memory sticks (total 1gb) running Dual channel
1 WD 160gb Hard Drive
1 3.5 Floppy
1 DVD +/- RW drive (Lite-On)
1 CD RW Drive (Samsung)
1 Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (running off of USB port)
1 Nostromo Gaming Array (running off of USB port)

Ocassional other USB plug in peripherals.

I think I have included all items that would tax the power supply in some way, shape, or form.

From what you see, do any of you think I need the upgrade?  How will I be able to tell?  Will it just not power up, will I ruin a component?

When I bough the case, I paid the extra $$$ over the el cheapo cases at NEW EGG because the salesman indicated the power supply included w/ this case was a quality item, not a piece of dook.  Any insight would be appreciated.  If you need more details, please let me know.