From:
"M. Conolley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:24:56 -0400
I have the following hardware:

An 80GB Win98SE boot drive, currently installed in an old computer
[Compaq Presario 2256].
A 1BG Win98SE boot drive, currently boxed up in storage and in good
condition.
A brand new Compag Presario Desktop, with 120 GB WindowsXP boot drive.

What I want to do is /this/:

I want to remove the 80GB boot drive from the old machine, and install
the 1GB boot drive in the old machine.  I'm sure I can get that far on
my own.

Then--I want to erase/reformat the 80GB boot drive, and install it in
the new computer, to be used as storage only.  I have no qualms about
erasing this drive, as I've already salvaged all information that I need
to keep, and I will no longer be using Win98 on any machine [I plan to
give the old computer, with the 1GB boot drive reinstalled, to a
neighbor's teenager to fool around with.]

_I will_ look for information from Compaq and the manufacturer of the
80GB drive.

But I thought it might also be helpful to ask the list members for any
little tips or warnings you could offer [so I've got a better idea of
what to expect :)], and maybe any links that you think might be useful,
particularly tips for erasing/reformatting a Windows* boot* drive.

Thanks for your help,
Martha Conolley

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>