From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:44:14 -0800
Hi Bill,
I went through this with my BX6 board when I went from a PII 233 to a PIII
600. I bought a boxed processor as that was just about all I could find.
Since I couldn't get the bracket to work, I just stuck in the processor and
it has been fine for several months. I usually check its integrity whenever
I'm in there cleaning or what ever, but it hasn't been a problem. I
determined that finding a proper bracket just wasn't worth the hassle. Kind
of like trying to find the proper engine brackets for some cars...
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

I just installed a 500Mhz Pentium 3 Slot 1 into an Abit BH6
motherboard.  The processor retention mechanism that came with the board
doesn't hold this processor in place - (i.e it's as if I just installed the
processor with no retention mechanism at all).  Although my initial failure
at boot up led me to deduce that I'd not inserted the processor
sufficiently, since then, the computer has worked fine.  Is a retention
mechanism for slot 1 processors essential?

TIA,

Bill Nussbaumer

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml