From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:20:31 -0700
  I can think of at least two possibilities:

1.  The "Web Client" service may have stopped running.  Go to
Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services and make sure that
it shows as "Running" -- if not, double-click on it and choose "Start".
The startup type should be "Automatic" rather than "Manual" or
"Disabled"....

2. It may be that some virus is blocking your web access to prevent you
learning how to get rid of it or downloading additional antivirus tools.
 Try booting into "Safe mode with Networking" and see if you can get to
the web -- if you can, update your antivirus and scan your machine
thoroughly -- you may have to do this multiple times.

David Gillett