From:
Minson Ngo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 18:54:46 +0000
Sounds like there is something wrong with your processor or power supply.
Make sure there is good contact between the heatsink and the processor.
Apply some thermal compound or artic silver if it is needed. Make sure the
processor is not overheating. If that fails then you may want to reset the
CMOS and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then you may want to replace
the processor with a working one and see if the problem goes away. It is
possible that your current processor is dead. Also check your power supply
and make sure it is connected to your motherboard properly and the voltage
settings on the back of the power supply is set to the correct voltage
depending on what part of the world you live in. In the United States the
voltage is set to 115 volts. If all else fails you may want to replace the
power supply outright. But it really sounds like a processor problem so
check it out first.