From:
Doyle Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 23:40:55 -0500
My sister's Dell 8250 running XP Home has stopped funtionning.. It bluescreens before the boot screen with the following error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

It will boot into safe mode. So I uninstalled the video drivers but it made no difference. Either does trying system restore. She updated to Service Pack 2 a couple of months ago. But it was running fine until last week. She hasn't added any hardware. I removed Norton, but that made no difference. I thought it might be a RAM failure but I can't check it because this computer is using that damn Rambus RAM and of course I don't have any extra. Any ideas before a reinstall? I checked the Knowledge Base but it didn't clear up much.

Doyle Hirsch

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL