From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 17:42:02 -0700
Since the computer completes the POST (the single beep) and seems to
stop while checking memory, I would first suspect bad or loose RAM
rather than the motherboard and/or CPU. Try reseating the RAM stick(s)
and then, if you have more than one stick, try with one at a time.
Another thing you can try is going into the BIOS/CMOS and determine if
the computer is seeing the RAM properly and seeing the hard drive
properly. Also, you know that your graphic output and monitor seem OK
because you are showing some information on the screen. You will have to
get further into the boot process to determine if the hard drive is OK.
Also, I don't think it is the power supply since it does not take much
more power to read the memory than it does to POST.

All things considered, the issue is most likely caused by the RAM. I
hope this helps.

Tom