From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 08:51:06 EDT
Hi all,
Just as the subject states, I was looking for recommendations to upgrade my
system, prices,and the best places to shop around on the net.
I currently have an HP Pavilion 8562 with :
Pentium III at 500 mhz
224 mb of 100 mhz SDRAM
20gb and 30 gb hard drives
8 mb Nvidia graphics card
56k modem
Ethernet card
40x cd rom
Iomega Zipcd 650 CDRW drive
I'm not for sure which motherboard it has in it, but I'm pretty sure its
limited to a 750 mhz processor. But I think I'll just add a completely new
motherboard with a new processor.
What I'd like are suggestions  on a new case and power supply, motherboard
(that will accept my existing RAM) and processor (probably atleast 800 mhz)
and probably a new graphics card.
I have a small problem now with the graphics that I'm not sure if its the
monitor or the video card yet.
I'm an A+ Certified computer tech, so taking apart my HP for parts and
building a new system is no problem.
All recommendations are appreciated. Again, prices and where to shop online
is what I'm looking for, along with recommendations on brand parts.
Thanks,

Neal Collins
A+ Certified

                     visit our download web page at: