From:
Alain Azzam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:12:07 -0500
I'm not sure but from what I read the Ymouse (www.ymouse.com) doesn't answer
the original problem : that is, using two pointing devices at the same time.
That means having two mice pointers on your monitor, each one being controlled
by one of the pointing devices.

Could someone confirm that the Y mouse is only a switching device, but won't
give you two pointers ?

From what I know, there's only one device on the market that will give you a
second pointer : Microsoft's Easyball mouse.  It's a mouse for kids ! It's made
especially so that parents can assist their kids when learning the use of their
computer (in reality this application has yet to convince me - usually it's the
other way around :)

Anyways, I've sold many of those mice in business offices, where they split
their Reuteurs terminal over two monitors, thus saving the ultra-high monthly
fee.  Actually, it is very funny to see a broker work on a mouse like that.
Take a look at the weird shape on MS's web site...

Regards,
-Alain

> [log in to unmask] wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Joel,
> >>
> >> Would you by any chance know if we can get this device through the net ?
> If you
> >> have an URL it would be great.
>
> The Y-mouse (allows you to connect two input devices such as two mice, or
> mouse and graphics tablet) site:
>
> http://www.ymouse.com/
>
> has a page of links to vendors.
>
> All the best,
>
> Nancy Peress

Alain Azzam / VRS Consulting
1967 Raymond, Laval QC  H7S 1R3 Canada
[log in to unmask]  / T.: 514-668-0515  / F.: 514-668-8167