From:
Carl Houseman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:42:52 -0400
So this only happens when moving the mouse?   You can start to play a DVD or
do something else where you don't have to touch the mouse, and as long as
you leave the mouse alone, all is well?

If so, try another mouse.  I have seen this type of behavior when an optical
mouse was going bad.  I'm also assuming the red light that blinks is not the
same as the light that blinks when the system is accessing the C: drive.

BTW that box containing the motherboard and CPU is not a "hard drive".  It
contains a hard drive but it is much more than that.  Please spread the
word.   The proper name would be "computer" or "system box" or such.

Carl