From:
"Nasser, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:42:27 -0500
Good Folk,

An older friend needed a cpu fan and a video card for
his desktop system. So I brought over some parts and
fixed it for him.

As payment, he insisted I take an HP Laserjet III that
had been given to him (not working) and which he
evidently dropped (damage unknown) while loading. :-)

Now, I've always wanted an old LJ 'cause they do pretty
good fast text print and probably don't have the
'leventy-seven zillion bells/whistles which the
newer printers have.

I doubt I can fix it. But I gotta try.

Searched the web (especially hp.com, Lord Love 'Em),
found next to nothing.

Does anyone have some idea where I might be able
to find a manual for such a beasty? Does anyone
have an error code description for:

   "50 Service"

flashing on the control panel display?

It is an HP LJ III Model # 33449.
I get the idea most of it works the same as
a LJ II.

Any/all suggestions would be appreciated.

  Zalut,
  David

** David Nasser                     **     [log in to unmask]    **

"A bee stung me
 and he couldn't swell my hide.
 A rattlesnake bit me
 and the sucker crawled off and died!"