From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:57:33 +0200
Rosie. My guess is you didn't reformat the drive initially, in fact all you
doing is taking the hard drive an installing it on a new motherboard that
also has a new video (display) card. Everything else is the same - same
memory, sound card, modem, etc.

If that is the case. I know that there are ways to do what you've done, but
when I did this in the past, it caused problems and the best I could have
done is a reformat.
At you can still access your hard drive, so if you can at least back up your
data.

Perhaps see what others say about this as well though.

Bye
Brendon

<Snip>

Hi all,
I just installed an AV7 Asus motherboard along with an ATI Wonderboard (AGP)
and my system is acting very strange  - especially when I try to change the
display.
<snip>

My son suggested that I just reformat my hard drive since it might have
settings for my
other motherboard and configuration.  That sounds logical and is probably a
good idea
 but I'm hoping it's not necessary.

Another thing that happens is that sometimes when I reboot, the computer
tries to install
new hardware.  In actuality, it's only installing the hardware already
installed.
I notice that I get conflicts with the keyboard and Direct Memory Access
Controller.
At boot up, I also get a message that say something like Ultra 100 bios not
set up.
(Sorry... my memory is bad so I've probably got the wording wrong.)

Anyway, my question is:  Does the harddrive need to be reformatted or is it
possible that
the motherboard is
 bad?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks very much for any advice you can give me.

Rosie Richter