Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:58:26 +0200
Try installing to a differnt directory like C/Gary/Windows then you can move
all of the files that you want to save or better yet install to a differnt
hard drive  using your present one as slave.
Paul Ryan
Germany

Date:    Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:47:17 EDT
From:    Gary W South <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Reinstalled Windows 98 will not start

When it said it was setting up hardware and plug and play the BLUE SCREEN
came up. It said Windows on top

A fatal exception OE has occured at 015F:BFF9DBA7  The current application
will be terminated. press any key  after pressing a key it said

MSGSRV32 caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.EXE at
0001:000025D6

After these errors sometimes ctrl+alt+del sometimes restarts but usually I
have to turn it off. If it restarts it comes back to the same or similar
problem. I sometimes get other error messages. I can get it started in safe
mode but
it has no sound, and no CD-ROM.

Also I have 3 32 MB RAM chips. I pulled them out and tried one at a time to
see if maybe one of them was bad. It does the same thing with each one or
all
in.

Does anyone have any idea of what is causing these problems and is there a
way to fix it without losing my 5 years of information I have collected?

TIA
Gary South

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml