From:
Dave Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:50:53 -0500
Seen it before.  Sounds like the drive was out of alignment and would work
with disks but didn't write to them correctly but no other drive would read
from them.  Like a VCR with bad heads.  May be able to recover the data with
Norton or other system recovery utility or maybe hook the old drive back up
and try to copy it off that way.

Dave Jones
http://www.vdoguy.com

Camel: A horse designed by committee