Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 21:18:01 +1100
AoE is a game that depending on CPU power, not Graphics power as it doesn't
really do 3D. Rogue Spear doesn't ask much 3D power either (I did play Rogue
Spear perfectly fine on my old P233 + PCI video card). The gaming
performance of a PC cannot be judged by only few games, but general
speaking, without worry of CPU power, a TNT2 ultra card should handle most
games just fine if you don't mind to play at 640x480 resolution in 3D games,
today's mainstream video card is at Geforce2 MX level. they are not over
rated, you should be able to find more on this topic on most gaming sites.

However, I do agree that you don't need to have "state of the art" card to
enjoy games. only hardcore gamers rate "state of the art" hardware as a must
to play games.

Any video card will be perfect for normal office tasks today, I have no
doubt that for business machine, integrated video solution is the best as it
reduces cost. But I don't recommend them for home use if gaming is required.

Just a general speaking.

Jun Qian

*myself have a very "mainstream" PC at home.