From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:14:30 -0800
Hi Rick, I just did a Google search on WD21000's and there seems to be
plenty in Romania. It did show some on E-Bay in other countries. You may try
E-Bay or some thing similar in the US. I have that drive in my original 95
vintage Gateway. Sorry, but I'm not quite ready to give it up yet.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA
I have only really "toyed" with data recovery, and have a project
I'm stumped on.  I need a WD 21000 drive (actually the "logic
board") to see if a HD can "give up" a small amount of data...
You oldest "family" computer died extremely suddenly with no warning...
It had a DDO and Ghost was useless, sort of, before or after...
Vintage: 12/1/1995
Specs:  Caviar 21000  1083.8MB
mdl: wdac21000-ooh  p/n 99-004176-000
ccc: b1 1 dec 95  dcm: bdabgap
I'd buy one (cheap), if anyone knows of a place that "retires"
old drives before they totally fail. Bad clusters not a problem...
I'm really only after our Christmas card database,
(All "those eggs" were in one basket <frown>...),
and am interested in the challenge and experience.

Any leads to "suppliers" specializing in this would be
appreciated...  (Auction dealers, etc...)
Data recovery places are not an option.
We have a year old back-up and an incomplete, current
"hard copy".
                          Rick Glazier

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com