From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:43:46 -0800

> Recently I was sent an advertisement on AOL about a piece of hardware that
> would let one answer an incoming phone call, yet remain connected to the
> internet for up to 30 seconds.  I have since deleted this ad and was
> wondering if anyone has ever heard of this product, or better yet, have
had
> any experience with this?  I know of Internet Call Manager but that
doesn't
> allow you to answer the phone and stay connected.   If anyone knows of any
> another solution I'm open to ideas.

I've actually used a demo downloaded from http://www.download.com
I found it by doing a search from thir site for caller-id.
The program requires Call Waiting from your phone service and
Caller ID optional. In my case the caller's number would flash on the
screen and I would have a short menu of options:
     1.) Take the call
     2.) Play Recorded Message (indicates you'll call them back)
          you remain connected to the internet.
     3.) Ignore Call

This is a great program, but it does have a few wrinkles being a
beta demo. The program has since expired, but there were other
programs with this feature. Unfortunately, I don't have the name,
but it wasn't to difficult to find searching the above website.

As far as hardware you may be required to have a modem which
supports call waiting depending on the software they use. In my
case, I was able to get by with a 33.6k generic modem.

-yui shin

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html