From:
Carl Houseman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:56:54 -0400
I don't know about that model, but have known some older Compaqs with
integrated video to suffer onboard video failures that could be fixed by
reflashing the BIOS.  Check to see what BIOS and/or video-specific flash
updates might be available from Compaq for your model.

Of course, you'll need to plug in a separate video card in order to run the
flash update.