Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:48:56 +1100
Sounds like the CD writer starts going down. The read/write head in a CD
writer has shorter life (if my info sources are correct) than read only head
of normal CDROM, I always recommend to have a CDROM for reading, and only
use CDR for writing job.

*we have few CDR drives (6x/8x max) just like yours, at workshop, they can't
write faster, but ok for 2x/4x speed, we use them to copy drivers for
customers. This is a good way to recycle "faulty" drives out of warranty.

Jun Qian