From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:37:29 -0700
Richard

More information is needed to try to give you a definitive answer. With the
information given, your description of the problem could be related to the
power supply [not enough power (what is its rating?), overheating (is the
fan operating OK?), defective (possible but not probable)] or to high CPU
and/or motherboard temperature (automatic protection activating - can you
monitor the temperature?).

Please supply more information which may be helpful in allowing members to
direct you in diagnostics and repair:

Model Motherboard and/or Computer Identification
Amount of RAM
Type/Rating of CPU
Rating of Power Supply
Operating Temperatures (if you can monitor them)
Operating System
"keeps clicking" = a single click or multiple clicking before rebooting ??
Games being played?
Frequency of problem such as - Every time starting IE? Sometimes while using
IE? When starting the games? While using the games?
Anti Virus being used and last time a scan was done and results (suggest you
do one now)

May be needed later in the diagnostics though you could supply it now:

Model video card or on-board video
Model and capacity of hard drive
Model or on-board audio
Method of connection to the Internet (dial up, DSL, Cable Modem)

Hope this helps or that some other member can help.

Tom Mayer

Hi everyone,

this is my first posting to the list so please forgive me if the information
I am about to supply is a little scant.

I have just had a new PC built for my 11 year old son.
The PC came in kit form but the shop built it for me free of charge. I have
just tried using it for the first time and it keeps clicking and then
rebooting. THis has happend while in internet explorer and while trying to
play two games which we have just loaded loaded.

Any pointers to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated and
may put a smile back on my son's face.

TIA

Richard.

                     visit our download web page at: