From:
Dwayne Burbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 22:38:56 -0700
I have seen a number of hard drive questions and good answers from some
knowledgeable people here but none that address my particular
situation.  I have P133 with 2 ide hard drives.  I'm running Win95.  I'd

like to keep the computer another year or so, so here is what I want to
do:

Replace the primary drive with a new 6 - 8 gig drive, reformat the slave

drive, but keep it as the slave drive.  I'll re-install all of my
apps...fun.  And, perform a clean install of Win98 on the new master
drive.  Is there any place that provides specific instructions (ie what
needs to be on bootable floppy other than cd drivers etc, what order to
doo things,
and I'm sure there are a number of avoidable traps?  Also, can I buy the
Win98 upgrade and insert my 95 cd when it asks or do I need the full
version of 98 as it will be a clean install?  Does the upgrade include
the bootable floppy? I'll probably also install NT Server first thing
after a successful 98 installation and all peripherals are working (cd
burner, scanner, 2 printers, cable modem) Any input or guide to urls is
greatly appreciated.
Dwayne

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html