From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:31:03 -0800
Andre Chiasson Wrote:

I installed win98 on a computer.  Since then, when I close the computer,
get the message: "YOU CAN SAFELY SHUDOWN YOUR COMPUTER NOW".

when win95 was installed, the computer would just shutdown automaticaly.
The computer goes into sleep mode, but will NOT come out of sleep mode
when I move the mouse or press any key on the keyboard.  I have to press
ctrl + alt + del and boot again.

Welcome to Windows 98.I assume that you installed 98 and not 98SE
(Second Edition) These glitches seem to appear once in a while after
installing the OS. My suggestion would be activate the Windows Update
feature and see what patches your operating system may need. If you
click on the "START" button there should be another button labeled
"Windows Update". Click on it and you should be transported to
Microsoft's update site where you can download and install the necessary
patches to possibly correct the problems you are having. You may also go
here, http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/corporate.asp I would
also want to visit the manufacturers  site of the motherboard to see if
there are any conflicts. http://www.asus.com/Products/software1.html
This location will transport you to their site where you can download
various files such as Bios updates and motherboard drivers.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: