From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:03:19 -0500
In my opinion, AMD and Intel systems are about the same to set up.  One may
be easier because an individual is more accustom to one or the other.
Certain Via chipsets are flaky with Win95, and the patch for 300+ AMD CPU is
required, but for Win98 it's all the same.  I do both and recommend Intel
for overclockers, Cyrix for bargain basement, and AMD for typical
value-for-money home user.  The biggest factor in ease of system setup is
motherboard and component-mobo compatibility.  CPU is essentially
irrelevant.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> From:         Mike Buraczewski[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      [PCBUILD] AMD vs Celeron
> Have you found that the AMD systems are in general easier than / harder
> than / the same in difficulty to setup and get working properly.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html