From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:52:40 +1100
Hello all,

I have number of questions this time:

1) Can someone tell me what is the limit size of a NTFS partition? I was
trying to install NT4 on a PII-350 computer with 4.3G HDD, if I don't
split the HDD into two partitions, NT won't format one large partition
(it said it's too large), however if i split it into one 3G, one 1G,
there is no problem at all.

2) On that same NT machine, it has a Intel 740 (8Mb AGP) video card, I
couldn't get NT to know the card, if i install the driver came with the
card cd, NT seems succeeded installed it, but nothing changed, the
display is still only standard VGA, I want to "Display" --> Change Type,
the i740 card is not there, I then searched the list, still not there. I
have tried at least 5 time repeat driver installation with no luck. What
I missed?

3) A computer I built was unable to play any kind of sound (music cd,
games, windows sound, ect ...), but only noise out from speaker. I
changed the sound card (Stome VX), no change (I tried three same card,
they are all good card), changed s/c slot, no change, tried different
speakers, no change. Finally, I realize part of the noise was out from
power supply, so I changed a new power supply. After that, everything
back to perfect. Can anyone give me a explanation of it?

TIA

J Qian

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com