From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:51:37 +0200
I have a Creative SB64V, PCI. It won't work together with my
legacy ISA handheld scanner... until I got DMA conflict fixed.

As I learned from the device manager, the SB64 gets some really weird
resources [at my PC, it gets port 400 besides the typical IRQ, DMA and
ports, and maybe some more too].

I don't know what is the problem here, but I encourage you to try these

1. Install the sound. In windows, note all resources
[i mean ALL! coz this card is weird! in resources]. Remove.
Install modem. Note ALL! resources [pci modems also take the strangest
resources sometimes]. Compare.

I guess this would nail the conflict.

Other option is:

Install the sound and ask the SB to stop emulating older cards.
This way, you'll be able to use it with native Windows apps only
[under DOS, the drivers are provided]. This will free you a bunch
of resources. Add modem. If works - cool. If not, :-(

Max Timchenko [[log in to unmask]]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html