From:
"Yves J. Meubus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:29:43 -0500

>In general, it's like the argument between people who like a one-piece
>stereo system, versus people who like to have a stereo with separate
>components.  You buy what has the most advantages for you.
>
>-JOWj.

>"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
>part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.

>> Besides the blinking lights and freeing up of a slot...
>>
>> You can reset an external modem without rebooting or powering down your
><snip>

Personally, I love my external RACAL 28.8 modem, because it was the
easiest component I ever installed.  It really installed itself and has
worked great for weeks.  I am easily stumped in the world of computers,
hardware or software, but this puppy has been good to me.  I, therefore,
favor external modems.
my 01. cents worth
yjm