From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:18:04 -0500
Raymond,

The jumpers on the hard drive only identify that it is the only drive,
master drive, or slave drive.  There is no hardware setting to control
the "size" of the disk.

Assuming your BIOS and/or HDD controller can handle the larger drive size
There ARE software solutions that can allow you to claim/recover the rest
of the drive's storage space without damaging the currently installed
software.
Most notably, Partition Magic, but there are other products that do the
same.

Even if your system can not deal with a larger drive, Partition Magic will
allow you to create a second "logical" drive from the unused portion.

Jim Meagher